Thursday, November 29, 2007

Greed Will Be the Death of You Know

We watched Michael Moore's Sicko yesterday, and his documentary was everything I expected it would be. Not long ago my brother called me saying that he had seen this film, and that he was then seething with frustration. He said that the film caused him to feel ashamed of being an American, and his hope was that if everyone would watch this movie, that viewing it would ignite the revolutionary spark that has long laid dormant in Americans. As you can probably imagine, when I popped in the DVD, I did so excited by the promises of controversial truths. I will admit that Moore has a tendency to sensationalize, and that his flair for the dramatic can often detract from the seriousness of the issue(s) he is attacking, but overall, the film was very well done, and a must-see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home