Friday, June 08, 2007

Google Office to replace microsoft

"Google appears to be positioning itself to take a bite out of Microsoft Office and I think they will eventually succeed in doing it. I would much rather have all my records stored online where I don’t have to worry about a hard drive crash and where I can get to them from any computer, any time, for ever. I just had a hard drive crash and believe me, I wish I would have had all my documents stored on the Internet somewhere."

I don’t agree. In fact, I believe that the recently released Google products miss the mark entirely. Now I must qualify my opinion by saying that I am not basing my opinion on actual use of the office system. I have not used any of the “Google Office” features that have recently been released by Google (spreadsheet, calendar, Google Base, etc.), nor do I intend to. Perhaps my reasons are ignorant, and perhaps my reasoning is short sighted, but here is why I will never trust my important documents to an online program:

The Internet isn’t always stable

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home